I’m not really sure how I got on the spam email list for Donald Trump’s marketing team, but crazy me, I decided to stay subscribed just to see what kind of crap they would send. Here’s a screenshot of the recent sampling of garbage received in just 10 days, with my comments noted after. (FYI, their spam system thinks my first name is just “C“):
There are several common elements in these spam emails, which includes:
- Constant pleas for contributions. It’s very similar to the way that prosperity gospel preachers beg for money.
- Preaching tribalism and sowing discord. These spam emails are very divisive and incendiary in tone.
- Lots of false promises. Hey, lucky me, if I make contributions and reservations, I can dine with Trump! (Pass the barf bag, please).
- Elementary grade level writing style. Hell, they can’t even put spaces in Donald’s name half of the time.
- Nepotism. Geez, even Eric and Lara Trump are spamming me to come join them for dinner?
So I guess what strikes me funny is how well this spam email characterizes Donald Trump the man. This spam email, just like Donald, is juvenile, dishonest, divisive, incendiary and they all focus on making Donald Trump richer.
Somebody pass the Pepto-Bismol please.